Saturday, March 11, 2006

3 All

The body does not take too well to the 3 hours of tennis any more. I guess now is the time to press harder. If not now then later its going to get worse.

Though I am still good by relative standards, I am not as good as I used to be. The rhythm is gone.

The backhand slice is still good and so is the forehand cross court, two strokes that my current opponents have also picked up. What I miss is the 3 step execution - a deep serve, followed by a volley from the centre of the court and then the volley at the net to win the point. Rhythm!! Don't have it any more.

I like playing with Ananth, Roger and Prashant. Roger is the demolition man - A big, strong natural athelete. Prashant is a maverick who plays none of the shots in a text book manner but how he plays works for him. Ananth is of course a prince, perhaps the best of all of us technically speaking.

I intend to get better.

3 comments:

Mukul said...

take it easy!
take it easy!

gotta slow down boy!
thats now way to go -
does your mother know?

Mukul said...

you are supposed to react to that man, sp since it is an abba reference! ;)

Anonymous said...

your back hand was never ever that good (not even in Junagadh).
I see you've taken your usual (and always unrealistic)high self-esteem to ridiculous extents in Sharjah.