Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mind Movies

The one thing that is certain about time is the fact that it goes by. And it seems to go by too fast.

Realistically speaking I have not been doing much since I have come here. Everyday I make promises to myself that I will jam pack my day with stuff but just does not seem to happen.

Come the end of the day the best that I would have achieved (office hours apart) is an hour of reading (half hearted) and an hour of work that I carry home. The rest of the time goes in simple chores like personal hygiene, eating, washing clothes etc. Stuff that should not take more than 30 minutes of my day.

I do not have television and am not missing it at all. Who needs it when I have a non stop television in my mind! And in that too I just seem to be surfing channels all the time. Mindlessly, flitting from one random thought to another. The mind is restless and flippantly so. This channel surfing takes place even when I am walking the streets, browsing in supermarkets, riding taxi’s.

What an idiot my mind is, it always wants to be elsewhere. The present is just the background. Should it not be the other way around?

The only factor that lend consistency to my random thoughts is the fact that they are mine. Otherwise they do not fit into make anything that is cohesive. If I and my mind are microcosms of the world, then none makes any sense. Not me, nor my mind and neither the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) i like the term mind tv. mera bhi ho raha hai ajkal.

Anonymous said...

Sabhi ka hota hai nai?